Failed to unzip rack

I’m tiring to deploy a rails app using Jets Afterburner and I seem to be having an issue with the following.

I feel like I have a permission issue when lambda tries to unzip the rack file. Below is the error message I am getting.

I’m not familiar enough with IAM to determine what permissions are needed in the role for this to work.

{
“errorMessage”: “Command unzip -qo /tmp/rack-5b9c5938.zip -d /tmp/rack failed”,
“errorType”: “Init”,
“stackTrace”: [
“/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/tmp_loader.rb:49:in sh'", "/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/tmp_loader.rb:43:in unzip’”,
“/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/tmp_loader.rb:31:in download_and_extract'", "/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/tmp_loader.rb:23:in rack’”,
“/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/tmp_loader.rb:18:in load'", "/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/tmp_loader.rb:6:in load!’”,
“/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/core.rb:132:in tmp_load!'", "/opt/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/jets-3.0.4/lib/jets/core.rb:127:in once’”,
“/var/task/handlers/jobs/jets/preheat_job.rb:3:in <top (required)>'", "/var/lang/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in require’”,
“/var/lang/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.7.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:85:in `require’”
]
}

Bummed about this. Updated docs with a note that the experimental feature is broken: https://rubyonjets.com/docs/rails-support/ Unsure exactly when will take a closer look. It’s a matter of time. Trying to take an efficient approach here. Thanks!

Related: https://github.com/boltops-tools/jets/issues/521

I see. Would it just be easier converting the project to Jets? It seems very similar.

After more years under my belt now :older_man:t3::joy: Current thoughts are:

1. If the app is an API, then think it would be easier to try to convert it. Of course, your miles may vary.
  2. If the app is an HTML web app, then be prepare for a bit of effort. While it’s possible, and have built HTML jets apps myself, it’s a decent effort. Note Jets v2+ added improved helper support to make it easier but still run into quirks at times.

Just my 2 cents :heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign: