Issues with serverlessgems

Hello,

I’ve purchased the hobby plan on JetsPro and trying to make my first deploy I’m getting this error. The API token was generated and on my deployment step i’m running the jets configure command passing the API token as recommended. My Jets version is 4.0.10.

Replacing compiled gems with AWS Lambda Linux compiled versions: /tmp/jets/api-play-connect/stage/opt

Checking projects gems for binary serverlessgems…

Error: Non-successful http response status code: 500

/opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/api/core.rb:44:in `load_json’: ServerlessGems API called failed: api.serverlessgems.com (RuntimeError)

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/api/core.rb:12:in `request’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/api/core.rb:69:in `get’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/api.rb:10:in `download_url’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/extract/gem.rb:86:in `gem_url’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/extract/gem.rb:55:in `download_gem’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/serverlessgems-0.4.0/lib/jets/gems/extract/gem.rb:11:in `run’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/gem_replacer.rb:24:in `block in run’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/gem_replacer.rb:22:in `each’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/gem_replacer.rb:22:in `run’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/lambda_layer.rb:65:in `replace_compiled_gems’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/lambda_layer.rb:10:in `build’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/code_builder.rb:395:in `build_lambda_layer’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/code_builder.rb:384:in `package_ruby’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/code_builder.rb:40:in `block in build’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/code_builder.rb:37:in `chdir’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/builders/code_builder.rb:37:in `build’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/commands/build.rb:27:in `build_code’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/commands/deploy.rb:61:in `build_code’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/commands/deploy.rb:32:in `run’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/commands/main.rb:27:in `deploy’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.1/lib/thor/command.rb:28:in `run’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.1/lib/thor/invocation.rb:127:in `invoke_command’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.1/lib/thor.rb:527:in `dispatch’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/commands/base.rb:38:in `dispatch’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/commands/base.rb:27:in `perform’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/cli.rb:28:in `start’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/lib/jets/cli.rb:5:in `start’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/gems/jets-4.0.10/exe/jets:14:in `<top (required)>’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/bin/jets:25:in `load’

from /opt/ruby/3.2.0/bin/jets:25:in `’

from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-3.2.0/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:22:in `eval’

from /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-3.2.0/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:22:in `’

Do you know if the serverlessgems lambdas are down?

I see you’re on jets 4 but it’s using jets 6 to deploy. Try:

bundle info jets
bundle exec jets deploy

Also

bundle exec jets version
jets version

I’m prepending bundle exec because I think the system has both and it’s using jets 6 instead of jets 4.

thanks for the reply but i’m using the bundle exec before execution to make sure that is my jets project’s version that is beeing called.

Fetching serverlessgems 0.4.0 I saw that i’m using this version of serverlessgems gem, this is the correct one for the jets 4.0.10?

during my deployment step I’m running the following commands:

• export JETS_AGREE=yes
  • bundle exec jets configure $TOKEN$
  • JETS_ENV=development bundle exec jets clean:build --yes
  • JETS_ENV=development bundle exec jets deploy

there is something different that I need to do?

Sorry. read your post earlier too quickly. The old api is definitely up. https://api.serverlessgems.com/v1

So, I see, you’re using jets 4 with an API key on the Hobby plan. It looks like it’s something with Jets v4, the old api, and the hobby plan. Bummer. Unsure on this one right now. Will have to dig into it further.

Upgrading to jets 6 will work, but I totally get it if it’s not currently feasible. This one might take some time to dig into, though. :face_with_monocle: Just at least wanted to respond.

Ok so do you have any idea on when this issue will be fixed?

There is any documentation about migrating from 4 to 6 because I’ve tried once migrate to 5 and got some errors that you asked me to wait for the 6th version to finally migrate. So I was on that waiting but now I have a project that needs to be deployed and I’m stuck. I’ve paid for the hobby just to see it working and its not.

If I migrate to another plan it will work? If so I can migrate, but you need to guarantee that it will work or else I will loose a good money because I’m on brazil and dollars are 5 times the price plus taxes on the price you charge, that’s why i’ve tested on hobby first.

Thanks in advance!!

RE: Ok so do you have any idea on when this issue will be fixed?

Update: Fixed. Hobby plans also now work with the old Jets API v1, which limits based on gem downloads. See the FAQ for details.

RE: Migration to 4 to 6

It’s just porting your Jets app to Rails. It will depend on your app.