New AWS Accounts Concurrent executions Limit Quota Cannot Deploy

Repasting from Pro plan can't deploy - #2 by tung

I’m not sure it’s with the Jets, but might be - there is this error:

10:07:07AM CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::CloudFormation::Stack shelob-prod-Controller-3Y46M5PQNS3X User Initiated
10:07:10AM CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::Lambda::Function LambdaFunction 
10:07:11AM CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::Lambda::Function LambdaFunction Resource creation Initiated
10:07:13AM CREATE_FAILED AWS::Lambda::Function LambdaFunction Resource handler returned message: "Specified ReservedConcurrentExecutions for function decreases account's UnreservedConcurrentExecution below its minimum value of [10]. (Service: Lambda, Status Code: 400, Request ID: ffc16931-3c61-4f53-8f94-91debfb3b8d8)" (RequestToken: c87c694f-46a1-0612-1374-a99fd07e636b, HandlerErrorCode: InvalidRequest)
10:07:14AM CREATE_FAILED AWS::CloudFormation::Stack shelob-prod-Controller-3Y46M5PQNS3X The following resource(s) failed to create: [LambdaFunction]. 
10:07:22AM DELETE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::CloudFormation::Stack shelob-prod-Controller-3Y46M5PQNS3X User Initiated
10:07:24AM DELETE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::Lambda::Function LambdaFunction 
10:07:27AM DELETE_COMPLETE AWS::Lambda::Function LambdaFunction

I don’t understand what can be a source with this problem:

Specified ReservedConcurrentExecutions for function decreases account’s UnreservedConcurrentExecution below its minimum value of [10]

because I just newly created account and there should’t be any reserved concurrent issues if everything is default if I understand correctly. Is that a Jets issue (maybe deserving another thread), or I have some issue with my AWS account?

Thanks!

Oh wow. I know that AWS has recently decreased default starting AWS Account quota for Lambda “Concurrent executions” from 1,000 to 100. That should leave 90 reservable.

Maybe the reserved total for the deployment is more than 90? Generally, Jets defaults for the reserved concurrency are:

• Each job 5
  • Controller 25
  • Prewarm 2

Docs: Concurrency - Jets Serverless Deployment Service

So maybe you have more than 12 jobs already? Unsure.

Try going to the Service Quotas Console and checking your limit. You can also request for an increase to the default limit there :+1:

Related Docs Concurrency - Jets Serverless Deployment Service

Another wow.

It looks like even more recently AWS is apply a default of 10. This person provided a screenshot in this Stack Overflow post amazon web services - AWS: Specified ConcurrentExecutions for function decreases account's UnreservedConcurrentExecution below its minimum value of [10] - Stack Overflow Adding the screenshot of that AWS account and the limit of 10 here also for posterity

Now, I think your brand new AWS Account default limit might be 10 instead 100 or 1,000. That’s pretty crazy. I’m guessing that it’s due to spammers abusing Lambda. This is why we can’t have good things. :rofl: Guessing that’s the reason. Check your Account default and see if that’s the case.

This is the issue, my page looked exactly the same. I asked for an increase which is made to be pretty simple.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Also, they approved upgrade to 100 in couple of hours, so it’s not a big issue to overcome.

Hi I am experiencing this issue as well. I have a request in to AWS support but it is taking a long time. I am not concerned with maintaining concurrency at all at this point, I’m just working through the video tutorial to deploy a proof-of-concept first app. Is there a way to deploy a project with just the limit of 10? I have set config.lambda.controller.reserved_concurrency = 1 in deploy.rb and max_threads_count = 1 in puma.rb but I’m still getting the error that I’m over the limit. Is there another setting I can adjust?